What are Cross Pipe Fittings?
Cross is also known as four-way Pipe fitting. In other terms, a pipe fitting cross is a type of pipe fitting that can be used at a point where four pipes meet together. This type of pipe fittings cross may have one inlet and three outlets, or their inlets and one outlet. The diameter of the outlet and inlet can be the same and can also be different. The ends of this fittings are positioned at a 90-degree angles and the threads are designed to create a stable grip and secure connection to male pipe fittings. Because these pipe fittings are located at the center of four connection points, these fittings generate more and puts an amount of stress on the pipe as the temperature changes. Cross fittings are generally used for fire sprinkler systems.
Features of a Cross Pipe Fittings
- Cross Pipe Fittings has three Female Opening in T Shape and 1 Male Opening.
- Cross Fittings pipes has a Straight Pipe Structure and has same opening size.
- Cross Pipe Fittings is used to prevent obstruction of Waste.
- This Fittings includes lugs which can be used fastening it to a wall or stud.
- A test pipe cross has a threaded opening. This opening is used in conjunction with a threaded plug for a clean-out opening on a drain pipe.
Specification of Cross Pipe Fittings
|Butt-welded Type||Butt-welded Fitting Cross Standard|
|Dimension||ANSI B16.9, ANSI B16.28, MSS-SP-43 Type A, MSS-SP-43 Type B, JIS B2312, JIS B2313|
|Size||1/2″NB TO 48″NB IN|
|Schedule||SCH20, SCH30, SCH40, STD, SCH80, XS, SCH60, SCH80, SCH120, SCH140, SCH160, XXS|
|Type||Seamless / ERW / Welded / Fabricated|
|Nickel Alloy||ASTM / ASME SB 336 UNS 2200 (NICKEL 200), UNS 2201 (NICKEL 201), UNS 4400 (MONEL 400), UNS 8020 (ALLOY 20 / 20 CB 3, UNS 8825 INCONEL (825), UNS 6600 (INCONEL 600), UNS 6601 (INCONEL 601), UNS 6625 (INCONEL 625), UNS 10276 (HASTELLOY C 276)|
|Stainless Steel||ASTM A403 WP Gr. 304, 304H, 309, 310, 316, 316L, 317L, 321, 347, 904L|
|Carbon Steel||ASTM A 234 WPB, WPBW, WPHY 42, WPHY 46, WPHY 52, WPH 60, WPHY 65 and WPHY 70.|
|Alloy Steel||ASTM / ASME A 234 WP 1, WP 5, WP 9, WP 11, WP 12, WP 22, WP 23, WP 91.|
|Duplex Steel||ASTM A 815 UNS NO S 31803, S 32205.|
Applications of pipe fittings cross
Pipe cross are widely used in various commercial and industrial applications. Industrial applications include:
- Chemical processing industries
- Industrial Plants
- Petroleum industry
- Paper Manufacturing Industry
- Refining Industry
- Textile Industry
- Marine Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Gas compression and distribution industries
A Complete Details About Pipe Fittings Cross is Shown in This Article